THE POWER OF PEDIGREE
Fee: $10,000 S&N
THE POWER OF PEDIGREE
- G1-winning millionaire by MEDAGLIA D'ORO
- Dominant 5 1/4-length winner of the $1 million Pacific Classic S. (G1), defeating a field made up entirely of Graded stakes winners, including 3 G1 winners
- Posted 3 triple-digit Beyers, including a 107 Beyer in the Pacific Classic
- 5-time winner of over $1.5 million to date. Stakes-placed on dirt and turf with additional placings in the Breeders' Cup Classic (G1), Hollywood Gold Cup (G1), Awesome Again S. (G1), and San Diego H. (G2)
- Broke his maiden at 2; made his 3YO debut a winning one in an Oaklawn allowance, defeating eventual GSW and Saudi Sprint winner New York Central
- From a great Pin Oak family: out of the multiple stakes-winning Seattle Slew mare ALTERNATE, who also produced multiple stakes winner INTERRUPTED and multiple Graded stakes winner ALTERNATION, sire of Kentucky Oaks (G1) & Ballerina S. (G1) winner Serengeti Empress
|MEDAGLIA D’ORO (USA)
|EL PRADO (IRE)
gr. 1989 [BI]
|SADLERS WELLS (USA)
b. 1981 [CS]
|NORTHERN DANCER (CAN)|
|FAIRY BRIDGE (USA)|
|LADY CAPULET (USA)
|SIR IVOR (USA)|
|CAP AND BELLS (USA)|
|CAPPUCINO BAY (USA)
|COURT CIRCUIT (USA)|
|DUBBED IN (USA)
|SILENT SCREEN (USA)|
|SOCIETY SINGER (USA)|
|SEATTLE SLEW (USA)
br. 1974 [BC]
|BOLD REASONING (USA)
|REASON TO EARN (USA)|
|MY CHARMER (USA)*
|FAIR CHARMER (USA)|
|STRIKE A BALANCE (USA)
|GREEN DANCER (USA)
|GREEN VALLEY (FR)|
|STRIKE A POSE (USA)
|IRON RULER (USA)|
|TAKE A STAND (USA)|
|4||9||3 (1)||1 (1)||3 (2)||$1,284,370|
|5||4||0||1 (1)||1 (1)||$158,000|
|Totals||19||5 (1)||2 (2)||7 (4)||$1,534,648|
- A maiden special weight at Remington Park (8f, D, defeating Catdaddy, SpeedyFellar, Obatron, Macha’s Reward, Springtime Moho, Zack Ridge Road, Cowboy Pride, Midas Cat, Curandero (MEX)).
- A maiden special weight at Remington Park (6f, D, to Redatory, Royal Reality, defeating Speedy Fellar, Macha’s Reward, Catdaddy, Southern Memories, Zilker, Saber Rattler, Bold Chrome). Career debut.
- An allowance race at Oaklawn Park (8f, D, defeating New York Central, Catdaddy, Lone Rock, True Loyalty, Speedy Fellar, Five Man Wolf, Sidney’s Random, Sidneyway).
- Northern Spur S. at Oaklawn Park (8.5f, D, to High North, Ike, defeating Title Ready, Ego Trip, Soul P Say, Fire When Ready, Arazi Like Move).
- An allowance race at Fair Grounds (8.5f, D, to Silver Dust, Casses Story, defeating Mighty Manfred, Private Party, Archanova).
- Pacific Classic S. (G1) at Del Mar (10f, D, by 5 1/4 lengths, defeating Draft Pick, Mongoliam Groom, Tenfold, Campaign, War Story, Seeking the Soul, Pavel, Quip, For the Top (ARG)).
- An allowance race at Santa Anita (8f, T, defeating Ritzy A. P., Souter (GB), Blended Citizen, Double Touch (GB), Liam the Charmer).
- An allowance race at Fair Grounds (8.5f, D, defeating Strut the Ring, Dontblamerocket, Gettysburg, Italian Charm, Don’task Don’ttell, Bemma’s Boy, Malibu Uproar).
- Wickerr S. at Del Mar (8f, T, to Bombard by 1/2 length, defeating Le Ken (ARG), Souter (GB), Restrainedvengence, Double Touch (GB), Blended Citizen, Tizzarunner, Law Abidin Citizen).
- Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) at Santa Anita (10f, D, to Vino Rosso, McKinzie, defeating Elate, Math Wizard, Seeking the Soul, Code of Honor, Yoshida (JPN), War of Will, Owendale, Mongoliam Groom).
- Awesome Again S. (G1) at Santa Anita (9f, D, to Mongoliam Groom, McKinzie, defeating Seeking the Soul, Draft Pick, Isotherm).
- An allowance race at Fair Grounds (8.5f, D, to Casses Story, Retirement Fund, defeating Hawaakom, McFeely, Private Party, Stuart Hall, Finglas).
- Hollywood Gold Cup (G1) at Santa Anita (10f, D, to Improbable, defeating Tenfold, Brown Storm (CHI), Midcourt, Parsimony).
- San Diego H. (G2) at Del Mar (8.5f, D, to Maximum Security, Midcourt, defeating Ax Man, Combatant).
Higher Power News
Thursday, November 5, 2020
Higher Power will make his final start in Saturday’s Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) before becoming the newest addition to the Darby Dan stallion roster…
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Higher Power, a Grade 1-winning millionaire by Medaglia d’Oro, will retire to Darby Dan Farm at the conclusion of his racing career…