THE PERFECT COMBINATION
- 2023 racing: DEFUNDED, winner of the Hollywood Gold Cup S. (G1) and the Californian S. (G2), runner-up in the Pegasus World Cup (G1); GAMBLING GIRL, runner-up in the Kentucky Oaks (G1) and the Gazelle S. (G3); Call Me Fast, runner-up in the Ben Ali S. (G3) and the Blame S. (G3); MR. WIRELESS, placed in the New Orleans Classic S. (G2) and runner-up in the Mineshaft S. (G3) and the Louisiana S. (G3); GET HER NUMBER, placed in the Commonwealth S. (G3) and the San Carlos S. (G3); stakes-placed 2YO Power Slam, 2YO Hepburn, Dialed In to Win, Asset Purchase, Adria, What’s Up Bro, Tiz Magic, etc.
- 2023 sales: 2YOs led by $600,000 colt (:9.4 breeze) purchased by West Bloodstock for Repole Stable; $230,000 colt (:10 breeze) purchased by Kaleem Shah; etc. Yearlings led by $230,000 filly. Yearlings led by $230,000 filly purchased by Lothenbach Stables.
- 2022 racing: DEFUNDED, winner of the Awesome Again S. (G1); 2YO filly GAMBLING GIRL, winner of the Joseph A. Gimma S. and placed in the Demoiselle S. (G2); MR. WIRELESS, winner of the Michael G. Shaefer Memorial S. and runner-up in the Tenacious S.; ERASE, winner of the Leonatus S.; MY OPINION (IND), G2 winner in India; EL DINAMICO, stakes winner in Panama; GET HER NUMBER, runner-up in the Bing Crosby S. (G1) and placed in the Triple Bend S. (G2); Highly Respected, close runner-up in the Bay Shore S. (G3); stakes-placed Portilla, Ayellowroseoftexas, Princess Phone, Legally Lethal, Glory Dia, Tiz Magic, Onerollofthedice; etc.
- 2022 sales: yearlings sold for $400,000, $225,000, $215,000, $180,000, etc.
- A leading sire of his crop every year, including Champion First-Crop Sire of 2016
- Lifetime: 57 BTHs, 22 BTWs, over $40 million in progeny earnings, and 3 G1 winners—2YO colt GET HER NUMBER, 3YO colt SUPER STOCK, and 4 & 5YO DEFUNDED
- Winner of the stallion-making Florida Derby (G1) and the Holy Bull S. (G3) in just his second start
- By A.P. Indy’s Horse of the Year MINESHAFT; out of multiple stakes-producing dam Miss Doolittle (by Storm Cat); second dam is Eclipse Champion 2YO ELIZA
- Named a Proven Value Sire by TDN: “And remember that we’re talking about a really flamboyant individual—whether standing up or running. And, in terms of pedigree, he has a flawless ‘stairwell’ through his third generation: besides the familiar interplay of Secretariat’s daughters Weekend Surprise and Terlingua, respectively with Seattle Slew and Storm Bird, we have Mr Prospector with matriarch Up The Flagpole; and Mt. Livermore with Daring Bidder, who was responsible for GI Santa Anita Derby winner Dinard (Strawberry Road) as well as Dialed In’s champion second dam Eliza. Whatever percolates can only be class… this could prove a smart moment to get involved.” —TDN
By Alan Porter
Winner of a vintage renewal of the Florida Derby (G1). Dialed In is a son of Mineshaft–the only Horse of the Year by A.P. Indy–out of Miss Doolittle, a multiple stakes producer and graded stakes performer, who is by Storm Cat out of Champion Two-Year-Old Filly Eliza. He’s off to a bright start to his stud career, and was a grade one sire in 2020.
Dialed In is out of a daughter of Storm Cat, but he has done very well when crossed back over Storm Cat line mares. His 2020 two-year-old stakes winner Get Her Number is out of a mare by Bernstein. From a mare by Giant’s Causeway, Dialed In has sired juvenile graded stakes winner The Calculator, and his brilliantly speedy grade two winner Ms. Locust Point is out of a mare by Giant’s Causeway son, First Samurai, suggesting other sons of Giant’s Causeway such as Eskendereya and Creative Cause. Dialed In has Chalon, a multiple stakes winner and Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (G1) runner-up, out Menifee (by Harlan, also sire of Harlan’s Holiday, and grandsire of Into Mischief, Shanghai Bobby and Majesticperfection). Dialed In has multiple stakes winner Ruffenuff out of a mare by Forestry (sire of Shackleford and Discreet Cat, a half-brother to a grade one winner by Mineshaft, the sire of Dialed In). We can note that Mineshaft’s outstanding daughter, It’s Tricky, is out of a mare by Tale of the Cat (sire of Lion Heart) and other Storm Cat branches appeal here are Hennessy (sire of Johannesburg and Henny Hughes, and granddam of Scat Daddy), Tabasco Cat, Cat Thief, Forest Wildcat (sire of Wildcat Heir, High Yield, Sir Cat, Storm Boot, Storm Creek and Tactical Cat, all of whom have supplied the dams of A.P. Indy line stakes winners.
From the Deputy Minister branch of Northern Dancer, Dialed In has graded winner Mugaritz out of a mare by Flag Down, and stakes winner Montu out of a mare by Deputy Commander. Dialed In’s sire, Mineshaft, has a grade two winner out of a mare by Silver Deputy (sire of Posse, Spring at Last and Badge of Silver), and it would also be worth considering mares by Touch Gold, Dehere and Awesome Again (sire of Ghostzapper, Daaher and Awesome of Course).
Dialed In’s son, Gunnevera, a winner of $5,500,000 is out of a mare by Unbridled, from the Fappiano branch of Mr. Prospector. He also has stakes winner Strive For Glory out of a mare by Fappiano son, Quiet American (grandsire of Midnight Lute). Unbridled could also be brought in through Unbridled’s Song (sire of Rockport Harbor, Old Fashioned, Half Ours, Dunkirk, Even The Score, Graydar, First Defence and Songandaprayer), Empire Maker (sire of Pioneerof the Nile and Bodemeister), Grindstone (sire of Birdstone) and Broken Vow. Mineshaft has a stakes winner out of a mare by Rubiano (sire of Too Much Bling). From the Cryptoclearance branch, Candy Ride and sons could be worth trying.
Dialed In has multiple stakes winners by Mr Prospector, and a stakes winner out of a mare by Mr. Prospector son, Aldebaran. There is also a stakes winner from a daughter of Jazil, a son of Seeking the Gold, the sire of Mutakddim, Petitionville and Cape Town. From other branches of Mr. Prospector, Mineshaft has grade one winner Bond Holder out of a mare by Conquistador Cielo (sire of Marquetry and grandsire of Artax) and grade one winner Effinex out of a mare by E Dubai. There are three stakes winners, two graded out of Smart Strike mares, suggesting daughters of Curlin, Lookin At Lucky and English Channel. From the Forty Niner line there are stakes winners by Mineshaft and son out of Editor’s Note and Distorted Humor (sire of Maclean’s Music, Jimmy Creed, Flower Alley, Sharp Humor, Drosselmeyer and Any Given Saturday). From the Gone West branch of Mr. Prospector there are stakes winners out of mares by Mr. Greeley, Came Home and Grand Slam, which also suggests daughters of Speightstown (sire of Munnings) and Proud Citizen. Mineshaft is also the sire of the Kentucky Derby second Nehro out of a mare by Afleet, and a stakes winner out of a mare by that horse’s grandsire Afleet Alex). There is also a Mineshaft line stakes winner out of a mares by Lemon Drop Kid and Carson City, and another out of a mare by that horse’s son, Lord Carson, which also suggests daughters of City Zip (sire of Run Away and Hide), Five Star Day, Good and Tough, Cuvee and Pollard’s Vision.
Dialed In has a stakes winner out of You and I, by Kris S., from the Roberto line. Mineshaft has also flourished over this line and it could also be introduced through Kris S. sons Arch (sire of Blame) and Prized, and through Red Ransom and Dynaformer (sire of Temple City, Point of Entry, Brilliant Speed and Purim).
|A.P. INDY (USA)
dkb/br. 1989 [IC]
|SEATTLE SLEW (USA)
br. 1974 [BC]
|BOLD REASONING (USA)|
|MY CHARMER (USA)|
|WEEKEND SURPRISE (USA)*
|LASSIE DEAR (USA)|
|PROSPECTORS DELITE (USA)*
|MR. PROSPECTOR (USA)
b. 1970 [BC]
|RAISE A NATIVE (USA)|
|GOLD DIGGER (USA)|
|UP THE FLAGPOLE (USA)*
|HOIST THE FLAG (USA)|
|THE GARDEN CLUB (USA)|
|MISS DOOLITTLE (USA)
|STORM CAT (USA)
|STORM BIRD (CAN)
|NORTHERN DANCER (CAN)|
|SOUTH OCEAN (CAN)|
|CRIMSON SAINT (USA)|
|MT LIVERMORE (USA)
|BLUSHING GROOM (FR)|
|FLAMA ARDIENTE (USA)|
|DARING BIDDER (USA)
|BOLD BIDDER (USA)|
|DARING STEP (USA)|
- MSW AT CHURCHILL DOWNS (6 ½F, DEFEATING NINJA BLADE, KRIEGSPEIL, THE FREAK, PHILIPPE, ETC.).
- FLORIDA DERBY AT GULFSTREAM PARK (G1, 9F, DEFEATING SHACKLEFORD, TO HONOR AND SERVE, FLASHPOINT, SOLDAT, STAY THIRSTY, ETC.).
- HOLY BULL S. AT GULFSTREAM PARK (G3, 8F IN 1:35.19, DEFEATING MUCHO MACHO MAN, GOURMET DINNER, BLACK AND BEAUTY, LEAVE OF ABSENCE, PRINTING PRESS, MAJOR GAIN, ETC.).
- ALLOWANCE AT GULFSTREAM PARK (9F, TO EQUESTRIO; DEFEATING WILLIAM’S KITTEN, ETC.).
Dialed In News
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Gambling Girl drew post 3 in a full field of 14 fillies in Friday’s $1.25 million Kentucky Oaks (G1) at Churchill Downs…
Sunday, April 23, 2023
Defunded won his third graded stakes in dramatic fashion Saturday at Santa Anita Park with a three-length victory in the $200,000 Californian S. (G2)…
Monday, November 28, 2022
Dialed In’s Defunded was a dominant winner in Sunday’s $150,000 Native Diver S. (G3) at Del Mar…
Saturday, October 1, 2022
Dailed In got his third Grade 1 winner, and eighth lifetime GSW, in Saturday’s Awesome Again S. (G1) with Defunded…
Friday, September 23, 2022
Gambling Girl forged clear in the final furlong of the $120,000 Joseph A Gimma S. on Sept. 23 to register a 1 ¾-length victory…
Sunday, July 10, 2022
Mr. Wireless returned to the scene of his 2021 Indiana Derby (G3) triumph on Saturday to score a two-length victory in the $100,000 Michael G. Schaefer Memorial S…
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Erase carried his speed to a two-length victory in Saturday’s $100,000 Leonatus S. at Turfway Park…
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Dialed In’s Bullseye Beauty is now a two-time stakes winner after her tally in the $100,000 Holiday Inaugural S…
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Dialed In’s Grade 1-winning 3-year-old colt Super Stock won Tuesday’s Zia Park Derby for his fourth career stakes win while boosting his earnings to $1,151,677…
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Bullseye Beauty’s strong stretch run earned the 3-year-old daughter of Dialed In her first stakes win in the $75,000 Lady Erie S…
Monday, August 16, 2021
This year’s Arkansas Derby (G1) winner Super Stock had no problems in Sunday’s $200,000 Ellis Park Derby, as the son of Dialed In pulled away with authority…
Sunday, August 8, 2021
Dialed In’s star on the rise Mr. Wireless tallied his second straight “Derby” win Saturday at Mountaineer Park in the $500,000 West Virginia Derby (G3)…