THE PERFECT COMBINATION
Fee: $15,000 S&N
THE PERFECT COMBINATION
- 2021 racing: SUPER STOCK, winner of the $1 million Arkansas Derby (G1); 3YO colt Papetu, placed in the Fountain of Youth S. (G2) and runner-up in the Mucho Macho Man S.; 3YO filly Exogen, runner-up in the Cicada S.; 3YO colt Tiger, runner-up in the Limehouse S.; Answer In, winner of an $81,000 allowance at Keeneland; Electric Youth, 2 1/2-length winner of a $70,000 Aqueduct MdSpWt; etc.
- 2021 sales: 2YOs sold for $230,000, $220,000, $140,000, etc.
- 2020 racing: 2YO colt GET HER NUMBER, winner of the American Pharoah S. (G1); 2YO colt SUPER STOCK, stakes winner and placed in the Breeders’ Futurity (G1); PRINCESS CADEY, winner of the Beyond the Wire S. and placed in the Delaware Oaks (G3) & Charles Town Oaks (G3); BOURBON CALLING, stakes winner and G3-placed; CHALON, 2-time SW in 2020; MY OPINION (IND), winner of the South India St. Leger (G2); Finnick the Fierce, placed in the Arkansas Derby (G1); etc
- 2020 sales: 2YOs sold for $310,000, $275,000, etc.
- A leading sire of his crop every year, including Champion First-Crop Sire of 2016
- Lifetime: 36 BTHs, 19 GSHs, 15 BTWs, 2 G1 winners, and over $21 million in progeny earnings
- Winner of the stallion-making $1,000,000 Florida Derby (G1) and the $400,000 Holy Bull (G3) in just his second start
- $475,000 Select yearling at Saratoga: "Dialed In was a beautifully balanced yearling, and he still is great looking. That's why he was our catalog cover horse in 2011."—Bill Graves
- By A.P. Indy’s Horse of the Year MINESHAFT; out of multiple stakes-producing dam Miss Doolittle (by Storm Cat); second dam is Eclipse Champion 2-Year-Old ELIZA
- Named a 2020 Proven Value Sire by TDN: "And remember that we’re talking about a really flamboyant individual—whether standing up or running. And, in terms of pedigree, he has a flawless 'stairwell' through his third generation: besides the familiar interplay of Secretariat’s daughters Weekend Surprise and Terlingua, respectively with Seattle Slew and Storm Bird, we have Mr Prospector with matriarch Up The Flagpole; and Mt. Livermore with Daring Bidder, who was responsible for GI Santa Anita Derby winner Dinard (Strawberry Road) as well as Dialed In’s champion second dam Eliza. Whatever percolates can only be class... this could prove a smart moment to get involved." —TDN
By Alan Porter
Winner of a vintage renewal of the Florida Derby (G1). Dialed In is a son of Mineshaft–the only Horse of the Year by A.P. Indy–out of Miss Doolittle, a multiple stakes producer and graded stakes performer, who is by Storm Cat out of Champion Two-Year-Old Filly Eliza. He’s off to a bright start to his stud career, and was a grade one sire in 2020.
Dialed In is out of a daughter of Storm Cat, but he has done very well when crossed back over Storm Cat line mares. His 2020 two-year-old stakes winner Get Her Number is out of a mare by Bernstein. From a mare by Giant’s Causeway, Dialed In has sired juvenile graded stakes winner The Calculator, and his brilliantly speedy grade two winner Ms. Locust Point is out of a mare by Giant’s Causeway son, First Samurai, suggesting other sons of Giant’s Causeway such as Eskendereya and Creative Cause. Dialed In has Chalon, a multiple stakes winner and Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (G1) runner-up, out Menifee (by Harlan, also sire of Harlan’s Holiday, and grandsire of Into Mischief, Shanghai Bobby and Majesticperfection). Dialed In has multiple stakes winner Ruffenuff out of a mare by Forestry (sire of Shackleford and Discreet Cat, a half-brother to a grade one winner by Mineshaft, the sire of Dialed In). We can note that Mineshaft’s outstanding daughter, It’s Tricky, is out of a mare by Tale of the Cat (sire of Lion Heart) and other Storm Cat branches appeal here are Hennessy (sire of Johannesburg and Henny Hughes, and granddam of Scat Daddy), Tabasco Cat, Cat Thief, Forest Wildcat (sire of Wildcat Heir, High Yield, Sir Cat, Storm Boot, Storm Creek and Tactical Cat, all of whom have supplied the dams of A.P. Indy line stakes winners.
From the Deputy Minister branch of Northern Dancer, Dialed In has graded winner Mugaritz out of a mare by Flag Down, and stakes winner Montu out of a mare by Deputy Commander. Dialed In’s sire, Mineshaft, has a grade two winner out of a mare by Silver Deputy (sire of Posse, Spring at Last and Badge of Silver), and it would also be worth considering mares by Touch Gold, Dehere and Awesome Again (sire of Ghostzapper, Daaher and Awesome of Course).
Dialed In’s son, Gunnevera, a winner of $5,500,000 is out of a mare by Unbridled, from the Fappiano branch of Mr. Prospector. He also has stakes winner Strive For Glory out of a mare by Fappiano son, Quiet American (grandsire of Midnight Lute). Unbridled could also be brought in through Unbridled’s Song (sire of Rockport Harbor, Old Fashioned, Half Ours, Dunkirk, Even The Score, Graydar, First Defence and Songandaprayer), Empire Maker (sire of Pioneerof the Nile and Bodemeister), Grindstone (sire of Birdstone) and Broken Vow. Mineshaft has a stakes winner out of a mare by Rubiano (sire of Too Much Bling). From the Cryptoclearance branch, Candy Ride and sons could be worth trying.
Dialed In has multiple stakes winners by Mr Prospector, and a stakes winner out of a mare by Mr. Prospector son, Aldebaran. There is also a stakes winner from a daughter of Jazil, a son of Seeking the Gold, the sire of Mutakddim, Petitionville and Cape Town. From other branches of Mr. Prospector, Mineshaft has grade one winner Bond Holder out of a mare by Conquistador Cielo (sire of Marquetry and grandsire of Artax) and grade one winner Effinex out of a mare by E Dubai. There are three stakes winners, two graded out of Smart Strike mares, suggesting daughters of Curlin, Lookin At Lucky and English Channel. From the Forty Niner line there are stakes winners by Mineshaft and son out of Editor’s Note and Distorted Humor (sire of Maclean’s Music, Jimmy Creed, Flower Alley, Sharp Humor, Drosselmeyer and Any Given Saturday). From the Gone West branch of Mr. Prospector there are stakes winners out of mares by Mr. Greeley, Came Home and Grand Slam, which also suggests daughters of Speightstown (sire of Munnings) and Proud Citizen. Mineshaft is also the sire of the Kentucky Derby second Nehro out of a mare by Afleet, and a stakes winner out of a mare by that horse’s grandsire Afleet Alex). There is also a Mineshaft line stakes winner out of a mares by Lemon Drop Kid and Carson City, and another out of a mare by that horse’s son, Lord Carson, which also suggests daughters of City Zip (sire of Run Away and Hide), Five Star Day, Good and Tough, Cuvee and Pollard’s Vision.
Dialed In has a stakes winner out of You and I, by Kris S., from the Roberto line. Mineshaft has also flourished over this line and it could also be introduced through Kris S. sons Arch (sire of Blame) and Prized, and through Red Ransom and Dynaformer (sire of Temple City, Point of Entry, Brilliant Speed and Purim).
|A.P. INDY (USA)
dkb/br. 1989 [IC]
|SEATTLE SLEW (USA)
br. 1974 [BC]
|BOLD REASONING (USA)|
|MY CHARMER (USA)|
|WEEKEND SURPRISE (USA)*
|LASSIE DEAR (USA)|
|PROSPECTORS DELITE (USA)*
|MR. PROSPECTOR (USA)
b. 1970 [BC]
|RAISE A NATIVE (USA)|
|GOLD DIGGER (USA)|
|UP THE FLAGPOLE (USA)*
|HOIST THE FLAG (USA)|
|THE GARDEN CLUB (USA)|
|MISS DOOLITTLE (USA)
|STORM CAT (USA)
|STORM BIRD (CAN)
|NORTHERN DANCER (CAN)|
|SOUTH OCEAN (CAN)|
|CRIMSON SAINT (USA)|
|MT LIVERMORE (USA)
|BLUSHING GROOM (FR)|
|FLAMA ARDIENTE (USA)|
|DARING BIDDER (USA)
|BOLD BIDDER (USA)|
|DARING STEP (USA)|
- MSW AT CHURCHILL DOWNS (6 ½F, DEFEATING NINJA BLADE, KRIEGSPEIL, THE FREAK, PHILIPPE, ETC.).
- FLORIDA DERBY AT GULFSTREAM PARK (G1, 9F, DEFEATING SHACKLEFORD, TO HONOR AND SERVE, FLASHPOINT, SOLDAT, STAY THIRSTY, ETC.).
- HOLY BULL S. AT GULFSTREAM PARK (G3, 8F IN 1:35.19, DEFEATING MUCHO MACHO MAN, GOURMET DINNER, BLACK AND BEAUTY, LEAVE OF ABSENCE, PRINTING PRESS, MAJOR GAIN, ETC.).
- ALLOWANCE AT GULFSTREAM PARK (9F, TO EQUESTRIO; DEFEATING WILLIAM’S KITTEN, ETC.).
Dialed In News
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Dialed In’s Grade 1-winning son Super Stock drew post 18 in a field of 20 3-year-old’s in Saturday’s $3 million Kentucky Derby (G1)….
Saturday, April 24, 2021
Dialed In, sire of leading Kentucky Derby (G1) contender Super Stock, finished the April 20-23 OBS Spring Sale of 2-year-olds in style Friday…
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Super Stock punched his ticket for the 147th Kentucky Derby on Saturday at Oaklawn Park with a 2 1/2-length score in the $1 million Arkansas Derby (G1)….
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Get Her Number took lead on the final turn and never looked back on his way to victory in Saturday’s American Pharoah S. (G1)…
Thursday, September 3, 2020
Dialed In, who has had three stakes winners in the past month, will be represented in this year’s Kentucky Derby (G1) by Finnick the Fierce…
Saturday, August 29, 2020
Bourbon Calling became Dialed In’s 32nd lifetime stakes winner on Aug. 28 in the $100,000 Russell Road S. at Charles Town…
Sunday, August 16, 2020
Dialed In’s classy mare Chalon won her second consecutive stakes race of the summer on Sunday at Monmouth Park with a front-running victory in the Incredible Revenge S…
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Super Stock lived up to his connections’ expectations with a 3 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Texas Thoroughbred Futurity Aug. 11 at Lone Star Park…
Sunday, July 12, 2020
Chalon inched closer to millionaire status with a comfortable victory in Saturday’s $75,000 Dashing Beauty S. at Delaware Park…
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Dialed In closed out the June 29-30 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in Training Sale with a $350,000 purchased by Lauren Carlisle, agent…
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Perennial leading sire Dialed In had one of the top 10 lots during Tuesday’s opening session of the OBS March Sale…
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Princess Cadey ran away from the competition to win Saturday’s $100,000 Beyond the Wire S. at Laurel Park by seven lengths. The victory was the first stakes win for the 3-year-old Dialed In filly, who was second in last month’s Wide Country S., also at Laurel. She is one of four stakes horses this year […]